- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 slices favorite local bread, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter, divided
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced
- 1 whole shallot or very small onion, julienned or thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
- 2 large cooked sausage patties or thick slices ham
In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half and vanilla. Add bread slices, turning to coat with mixture, and set aside to soak.
Set EGG for indirect (with convEGGtor) cooking at 400°F/204°C.
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in Stir Fry/Paella Pan; add apple slices and shallot or onion and cook until tender. Add vinegar and cook for one minute longer. Remove from heat and set aside.
Melt remaining butter in Half Moon Cast Iron Griddle. Remove bread slices from egg mixture (discard remaining egg mixture) and cook in skillet for about two minutes on each side.
Layer cheese, sausage or ham and apple mixture evenly over two of bread slices. Top with remaining two bread slices.
Cook for one minute or until golden on underside. Turn sandwiches over and cook for one minute longer, or until sandwich is golden on second side and cheese is melted. Cut in half and serve warm.
Makes 4 servings.