- Smoked Paprika Chimichurri (ingredients below)
- Marinated Chicken Wings (ingredients below)
Set the EGG for direct cooking (no convEGGtor) at 400°F/204°C.
Place marinated wings (instructions below) on a flat tray and season to taste with sea salt. Place the wings on the EGG in a single layer to begin cooking. Allow the skin to begin crisping on one side, then flip and close the lid of the Big Green Egg to allow the wings to slowly bake as the skin renders crispy. Also closing the lid of the Big Green Egg will allow the wings to develop that signature smoky flavor that is produced during the cooking process. Maintain a temperature of around 350°F/177°C and check and rotate the wings every 5 minutes to get an even golden brown and crispy skin. The entire process may take anywhere from 20 – 25 minutes. Remove the wings from the heat and place on a wire rack once all the fat is rendered and the skin is evenly crispy and golden brown.
Allow to rest for 3 – 5 minutes, then serve.
Smoked Paprika Chimichurri Ingredients
- ⅔ cup Arugula Leaves, tightly packed
- 1 ⅔ cup Garlic Clove, peeled, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Rosemary Leaves, tightly packed
- 2 cup Italian Parsley Leaves, tightly packed
- ⅔ cup Shallots, finely diced
- 2 tbsp Sage Leaves, tightly packed
- ½ cup Oregano Leaves, tightly packed
- ½ cup Whole Grain Mustard
- 1 ⅔ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Chili Flakes
- ½ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- To taste Sea Salt
- 2 ⅔ cup Water
- ½ cup White Wine Vinegar
- ⅔ cup Lemon Juice
Smoked Paprika Chimichurri Instructions
Finely chop all herbs and greens. Combine all finely chopped herbs in a large mixing bowl. Add remainder of the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Reserve finished chimichurri in the refrigerator until ready for use.
Marinated Chicken Wings Ingredients
- 2 ½ pounds Chicken Wings
- 1 tbsp Crushed Red Chili Flake
- ¼ cup White Wine Vinegar
- ¾ cup Smoked Paprika Chimichurri
- To taste Fine Sea Salt
Marinated Chicken Wings Instructions
On a clean cutting board with a sharp knife separate the drumette, flap, and wing tip; discard the wing tips. In a large bowl combine the vinegar, chimichurri, and red chili flakes. Toss the drumettes and flaps in the chimichurri marinade until well coated and allow to sit in the refrigerator for 3½ – 4 hours.