Haricots verts are smaller and thinner than most American green beans, and they also tend to be a little more tender. These delicate beans can be served at an elegant dinner, either as an appetizer or as a side. If you can’t find haricots verts, American-size green beans are an acceptable substitute.
- 8 ounces haricots verts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved
Set the EGG for direct cooking without the convEGGtor at 400°F/204°C.
In a medium bowl, toss the haricots verts with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the haricots verts on a perforated grid, close the lid of the EGG, and grill for 2 to 3 minutes, until slightly soft. Carefully remove the grill pan from the grid and transfer the beans to a work surface.
Divide the cooked beans into 6 bundles and wrap each bundle with prosciutto slices.
Whisk together the lemon juice, the 1 tablespoon olive oil, and the mustard in a small bowl until emulsified.
Place the bundles of haricots verts directly on the grid. Close the lid of the EGG and cook for 1 minute. Transfer the bundles to a platter. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.