- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Melissa’s Hatch Chile Powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound beef sirloin, thinly sliced into 2-inch long strips
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 Hatch Chiles, roasted, peeled, stemmed, seeded, and halved
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
In a large bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, Hatch Chile powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and thyme. Add the beef strips and toss to coat. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the meat.
In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat 11/2 tablespoons of the oil until shimmering. Add the beef, sauté it to desired doneness, and remove it from the pan and set aside. Add the remaining 11/2 tablespoons of oil to the skillet, and sauté the onions and Hatch Chiles until the unions are softened, about 5 minutes.
Preheat the oven to broil. Divide the meat among the bottoms of the 4 rolls, layer on the onions and Hatch Chiles, then top with sliced cheese. Set on a baking sheet and broil to melt the cheese. Cover with tops of rolls and serve.