A traditional holiday casserole with a twist.
- 3 slices of bacon, diced
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups sliced baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 5 cups fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can French’s® Crispy Fried Onions
Set the EGG for indirect cooking at 350°F/177°C.
Boil the green bean in 3 cups chicken broth for about 10 minutes, and then drain.
Fry the bacon in a large skillet until crispy. Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for another 4-5 minutes until the mushrooms are soft. Transfer the mix to a bowl.
Melt the butter in the same skillet and whisk in the flour. Once combined, continue whisking for another 2 minutes until the mixture has slightly deepened in color. Add the half-and-half and 1 cup chicken broth while constantly whisking to prevent lumps.
Add the mushroom and bacon mixture along with the salt and pepper. Let the sauce simmer for a couple of minutes, then add the green beans. Stir to combine.
Pour the bean mixture into the Rectangular Drip Pan and sprinkle the French’s®Crispy Fried Onions and the cheddar cheese over the top. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.