- 1/2 pound Laura’s 92% Lean Ground Beef or 96% Lean Ground Round
- 1/2 cup turkey pepperoni slices, halved
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce, warmed
Set up EGG for indirect cooking at 450°F/232°C.
Cook beef and next 3 ingredients on the Half Moon Cast Iron Griddle or Dutch Oven, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; drain and remove from heat.
Divide dough evenly into 4 pieces; pat each dough piece into one square. Spoon beef mixture evenly onto each square, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top evenly with cheese.
Fold dough over filling until edges almost meet. Bring bottom edge over top edge; crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Or use our Calzone Press for easy assembly.
Place on Baking Stone and bake at 450°F/232°C for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve topped with marinara sauce.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Cooking tip: lightly brush calzones with olive oil before placing in the oven for a nice golden color and crisp texture. These calzones keep well in the fridge for leftovers, too.