Recipe courtesy of Robert Mondavi, Jr. – Co-Founder and President of Winemaking, Michael Mondavi Family Estate and Folio Fine Wine Partners.
“Collectively our family has ten EGGs…needless to say, we all believe in the versatility of the Big Green Egg.”
- 2 Cedar Grilling Planks
- ½ cup (120 ml) Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup (60 ml) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) grated orange zest
- 1 tsp (5 ml) minced fresh thyme plus extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (7 ounce/200 g) salmon fillets, skin on
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place the planks in a pan, cover with water and let soak for at least one hour and up to eight hours.
Set the EGG for direct cooking (no convEGGtor) at 400°F/204°C.
Whisk together the mustard, honey, balsamic vinegar, orange zest, and 1 teaspoon thyme.
Place the planks on the grid, close the lid of the EGG and preheat for 3 minutes. Open the lid and turn the planks over, brush with the olive oil, and place 2 salmon fillets on each plank. Season with salt and pepper and brush generously with the honey glaze. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes for medium.
Remove from the heat and garnish with thyme. Pair with a glass of Spellbound Chardonnay.