- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup plus ½ cup Big Green Egg Habanero Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 large egg white
- 1 lb. lean ground chicken
- 2 tbsp of butter, melted
- Blue Cheese dressing, for serving
Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor to 400°F/204°C.
Combine panko bread crumbs, 1/3 cup hot sauce, celery, red onion, garlic and egg white. Add chicken and mix together. Shape into 24 1-inch balls.
Grease a Big Green Egg square drip pan, add the meatballs to the pan and bake for 20 minutes.
Mix the melted butter and the ½ cup hot sauce. Toss the meatballs in the sauce mixture. Serve with blue cheese dressing.
Blue Cheese Dressing Ingredients
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chives, minced
Blue Cheese Dressing Instructions
Mix all the ingredients together and set aside.